Facebook!

Photobucket

September 3, 2011

Thank you cards

Hi

I have been making thank you cards for my sister to give out to all those who have helped her during the power outage due to hurrincane Irene. She is still out of power and they don't think it will be back on until Tuesday Sept. 6th. For all those in CT with no power I hope you've had the kind of help and support my sister has been receiving from her friends and family. Without power my sister can't take a peek!
This first card I made her a set of four. After talking with her today she wants another four of anything I want to make. The first card she told me she really liked slate blue, so I used that in the card.



The front of the card: Patterned paper by My Minds Eye Everday Tango stack
Card Stock used DCWV Shimmer Stack
I used Viva pearl pen in Ice white
Gem from Recollections
Sentiment stamp from Hero  Arts Everyday sayings
I like to finish the inside of the card and used the same MME paper stack.
The next card I got some inspiration from another website, I'll look for it and post a link. I modified the design a bit.
Paper used was still MME Everyday Tango
Stamp for girl from My Favorite Things "Cheers"
Used black Marcella ink to stamp image
I paper pieced her dress from the MME Everday Tango stack
Ribbon from Recollections, is used the Bow Easy to tie it.
Used Recollections punch to add interest.
Gems from Recollections
I colored hair, face body, shoes champagne with Artworks colored pencils (saving up to purchase copic markers, that's quite the investment!)
I added Glossy Accents to the champagne to make is shine.
I also finished the inside of this card.
Sentiments from Hero Arts Everyday Sayings, and instead of using black ink for the sentiment I used
Inkadinkado Coffee Bean.
Hope she likes them. I'm working on a few more and will post those when I'm done!


No comments:

Post a Comment